Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

sebbil

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby sebbil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Its not to (only) see in 3D ...in VR you can see 360 , when you go Forward with your head you can zoom to Cockpit... everywhere and the sight in the Cockpit had to go with this ...

HornetSk

Postby HornetSk » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Fly sims are working very well in VR , cockpit is usually very nice and there arent any problems with view (sometimes you can look too outside of canopy but this is not serious problem). Sceneries are far better in 3D VR, small problem are the views to distance (resolution is lower than on good monitor). But generally VR for flightsims is next big step...
I am looking forward!!!

Olympia

Postby Olympia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:34 pm

The news about V2 is very encouraging. I expect to change computers soon (still on mac though) and it would be helpful to know what V2 will need in the way of processor power and memory. I'd hate to buy a new system and find it was not suitable. Do any of the computer buffs on here have any information that might be helpful?
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm just kicking off testing on Mac. I'm sure it will be ok, because if there is an issue we will fix it.
OXO,
Condor Team

Olympia

Postby Olympia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Really, you are testing a version of Condor which will run on Mac OSX ? Wow! Certainly save me a lot of trouble running it in a partition through Bootcamp. Great news.
Old wooden ship pilot

Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

CN: AW

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:04 pm

No, no, we will test it works on boot camp.
OXO,
Condor Team

ATflight

Postby ATflight » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:54 pm

How can we test or get the alpha or Beta? :D
It is also enough when i can play only for some minutes i just want to test it :P :mrgreen:

UWE

Postby UWE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

What do you mean with "play" ???????
CONDOR is no Game !!! :roll: :lol:
ImageImageImage

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 am

ATflight wrote:How can we test or get the alpha or Beta? :D
It is also enough when i can play only for some minutes i just want to test it :P :mrgreen:

Sorry, no.

We operate a closed beta for testing, and we have enough people right now.
OXO,
Condor Team

Capricorne

Postby Capricorne » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Will Condor2 also have a CST2 ?

dgtfer

Postby dgtfer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:30 pm

sebbil wrote:Its not to (only) see in 3D ...in VR you can see 360 , when you go Forward with your head you can zoom to Cockpit... everywhere and the sight in the Cockpit had to go with this ...

All these actions are possible with a TrackIr, but with a much better and realistic immersive effect with a large screen, giving a better resolution and a better angle of vision. Even without blue tags you can see distant gliders, you can see what your hands are actually doing, search in your maps, use an external PDA, ...
VR headsets are heavy, have a poor resolution (even the best), and an awful AOV. They are excellent for oppressive environments like FPS or combat flight sim, but don't fit at all for soaring simulation!

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Capricorne wrote:Will Condor2 also have a CST2 ?

Yes and some other tools for converting V1 sceneries. You will still have work to do. :mrgreen:
OXO,
Condor Team

stevemyall

Postby stevemyall » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:45 pm

@dgtfer

For me, condor 2 with VR support would be a dream come true. If Aerofly FS2's ASG 29 is anything to go by, it's one of the best experiences I have had sat at a desk. If condor V2 turned out to be V1 + VR support I would be extremely happy! I have owned track IR for many years and flown condor since it was released and recently ditched my triple screen setup. Please Dont write off VR - yes it has some down sides but the plus sides, especially for gliding type sims overwhelm them by immersion. It's far from oppressive, quite the opposite in my opinion. The hardest part is reaching for things that aren't there! Muscle memory works out fine to reach for peripherals after a very short time.

Steve

dgtfer

Postby dgtfer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:24 pm

stevemyall wrote:@dgtfer
The hardest part is reaching for things that aren't there! Muscle memory works out fine to reach for peripherals after a very short time.

Thats True, but i can t read a map with m'y fingers.
And another pb is that when we have to deal with a lot of informations it is better not to be bothered by anything else.

stevemyall

Postby stevemyall » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:52 pm

I find it less distracting than looking at the mess on my desk. I think the point I was trying to make is that gliding sims are a good candidate for VR implementation relative to many other genres. You don't need detailed real maps to navigate and the controls are simple. The benefits of immersion and situational awareness are obvious when flying in a crowded thermal or touching the trees with your wing tips when you can judge distances and scan with your head and eyes naturally. Then there is the further axis of movement which as I have a neck, allows me to look over the 'side' and around the panel and is something I found very limiting in V1. If condor 2 supported 6dof it would benefit trackir users too.

I suspect Condor 2 will be a big part of my life for many other things beside VR.

Best of wishes to all those involved in development by the way.

Regards

Steve
Last edited by stevemyall on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”