Plane Pack Two Activation

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

simsoarer

Plane Pack Two Activation

Postby simsoarer » Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm

after some years away from Condor i finally have some time to fly in Condor again.

i installed Condor on my new Laptop, upgraded it to version 1.1.5 activated the software and Plane Pack one without any issues.

i decided to buy Plane Pack two, got the activation code from Shareit after paying by PayPal, so far so good.

when i tried to activate one of the club class planes i got the error that the code was already bound to another license.

i have emailed support as advised by OXO when i PM'ed him, but am still waiting for a response to get this sorted. it's very disapointing that invalid activation codes are issued and that it seems to take so long to get the problem resolved (assuming it does got resolved, it would apear that this is not an isolated instance).

heres hoping i get the chance to fly the ASW19 in Condor to see how it compares to the real thing.

Richard

Cadfael

Re: Plane Pack Two Activation

Postby Cadfael » Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 pm

It is strange - are you sure you had not plane pack 2 before? At this case your Condor license is joined with old PP2 and is not possible use new one.
Wrong key from ShareIt seems to be very unusuall....

simsoarer

Postby simsoarer » Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi Cadfael

September 2008 was the last time i flew in Condor (I kept a backup of the previous instalation, including the logbook) so I am sure this is my first attempt to buy Pane Pack Two, Plus the only codes I had where for Condor and Plane Pack One.

Richard

tom eagles

Postby tom eagles » Sat May 20, 2017 1:51 pm

hi Simsoarer

Email support@condorsoaring.com along with your purchase details, Uros will be able to sort this one out for you.

Cheers!

simsoarer

Postby simsoarer » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

I have emailed support with details of my purchase including the code I was sent ( see my original post line 5), I just wonder how long it takes to get a working code and why I was given an invalid code to start with. Reading on the forum I am not the only one that's had this problem. Seem to remember having simular issues when I first bought Condor about 11 years ago, shame things haven't improved.

Richard

simsoarer

Postby simsoarer » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 am

It's five days now since I emailed support about the incorrect activation code that got issued and I still have not have any response, not even an aknoledgement that they have received my email.

I know it's a small Business that develop and sell Condor but that's no excuse for ignoring their customers, I just wish there was a viable alternative to Condor with better customer relations.

To be honest I find the whole setup disappointing, the product is good but the business is very poor. I personally find responses to requests on any news answered with its ready when it's ready insulting.

If I don't get this resolved pretty soon I will have to contact Paypal to try and get my money back.

boers

Postby boers » Wed May 24, 2017 10:25 pm

It's five days now since I emailed support

:lol: in my case it tooks about a month till my support request been processed
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17219&sid=cced32a702da5824f55337df2c50da33#p150230
The bindings and activation limiting would be quite well anticracker feature only with 24/7/365 support service. But it is not the Condor support case for now. Sad
simsoarer, can only wish in your case it will be less time waiting...

If I don't get this resolved pretty soon I will have to contact Paypal to try and get my money back.

more :lol:
I don't think you can revert digital download purchase with serial key provided. It would be easy to buy something, write out the serial, and then make the moneyback :roll:

Cadfael

Postby Cadfael » Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 am

I don't think you can revert digital download purchase with serial key provided. It would be easy to buy something, write out the serial, and then make the moneyback :roll:

It is not so true. One my customer bought PP from my website, and was ignoring warning, that is not possible buy new PP when he used another PP before. It was not working, of course. He asked PayPal about cancel order immediatelly. At these cases PayPal stop money transfer, contact supplier and ask him about information. If PayPal is sure everything is correct, he release money transfer, at other cases they return money back to customer.
Fornunatelly this case was solved good - customer accepted his mistake and was waiting few day for release old license, which I solved for him with developers.

boers

Postby boers » Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Well, Cadfael, are you sure that is more rule than the single case?
I have another experience.
Bought the software which binds itself to the current hardware state and ISP. That was real nightmare, mate. Every week i had to contact support service, ask them to release my activation and explain myself. Guys, are you serious? Who do you think you are? Why i should spend my money to have an ability to explain someone i don't even know why i changing my hardware and ip. That is ridiculous! Finally i made the moneyback request and was informed that i can't do any, as well as resell it or gift to someone else. Since then i trying to inform at any related resource i can and know not to buy that piece of shit. Or at least think twice before doing that.

Now the Condor. I can't say anything bout software itself. Perfect gliding sim, at least for now. And much appreciations to developers.
But support is absence. Guys, month is too much. I mean it is really too much! I know it is old software and you maybe tired a bit. It is okay.
But as you made support dependent payware, please, be so kind to do that service. Fast and accurate. Don't forget that it is not a freeware. And since that it is no excuses for absence of this service.
Otherwise, if you have any issue, be so kind to release all software support dependencies and declare end of support officially

Cadfael

Postby Cadfael » Fri May 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, experiencess you are describing are terrible. Everything is about seriousness. I am now not talking about Condor, but some companies have not interest about their customers, and want only their money. I am too old for this new age of "business", I cannot accept it, but world is changing, unfortunatelly. For my generation was our target satisfy customer at the business.
About Condor: The main problem with Condor is, that Condor is not classic businees, it is one man project - Uros is alone for development, support, distribution atc. I know him from our collaboration and I know he is serious and decent man, but he has no time for everything. As I know him he is not doing Condor for money, but for his pleasure and his love to gliders. It is not apology, of course, but this small business with small group of customers it is not working as well as everybody want often. V2 will not need support like this I think, so it will be easier at the future. I would like help you, but I have agreement with Uros only about support for my customer, sorry about it. Please try write private message to OXO here, maybe he could help you - he is helping Uros with Condor. I am sure they will solve problem with your license, but unfortunatelly it take long time :mrgreen:

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Fri May 26, 2017 7:08 pm

I have already emailed Uroš about this, but he is unwell this week. I will try again when he comes online
OXO,
Condor Team

Uros
Condor Team

Postby Uros » Tue May 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Hello Richard,

I've reset the database, your new plane pack 2 license key should work now. I've also reset the activations for PP1 as it was already activated 10 times.

Best regards and sorry for delay.
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

simsoarer

Postby simsoarer » Tue May 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Thank you Uros, I will try activating plane pack two again with the code provided.

Richard

Return to “General”