Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

BOD1

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby BOD1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 am

B.Alex wrote:Hi Condor Team,

Now we have the year 2018 and Condor 2 should have VR Support.
Since I got my Oculus Rift and e.g. AeroflyFS 2 - Innsburck (OrbX), Chicage Meigs, etc., flying without VR Glasses ist just a game!
Please Condor Team and OXO, before you spend more time on finishing different gliders or anything else, add VR support.
Circling thermals in multiplayer with VR will be a lot of fun.

+100
I tested Ultra Wings, a very light flight simulator, it's just so immersive! Even if in a glider we can't move a lot, just by turning the head and see in 3D with a FOV of 130°is just amazing.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

B.Alex

Postby B.Alex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 am

Sorry for starting the VR issue.

I loved Condor V1 and will buy Condor V2 on the first day it will come out. Simply because I fully respect the hard work of the developers. An yes, the multiplayer experience, flight models, thermals, etc. are the best out there!

So please, never drop Condor!

My last comment to VR:

1. It would be great.
2. To all of those simmers, bashing against VR, please try it! Otherwise please add to your comments "I have never tried VR". :D

Will we see Condor V2 today?

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am

B.Alex wrote:Sorry for starting the VR issue.

I loved Condor V1 and will buy Condor V2 on the first day it will come out. Simply because I fully respect the hard work of the developers. An yes, the multiplayer experience, flight models, thermals, etc. are the best out there!

My last comment to VR:

1. It would be great.
2. To all of those simmers, bashing against VR, please try it! Otherwise please add to your comments "I have never tried VR". :D

Not today. Just consider if we give the release date (which we already know), and something happens to delay it. How bad would the comments here be?

Much better to just release and announce it on that day.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

Paul_UK

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am

B.Alex wrote:Sorry for starting the VR issue.

My last comment to VR:

1. It would be great.

You don't need to apologise. It's good to talk about the options it's just that some people can take things to the dark side if they don't get their own way! Most of us can understand why the devs make the choices they do. I agree too that VR is here to stay and it would be great if at some point that full VR support is added. RodNoc has highlighted a point I hadn't thought of though. I use Condor as a training tool for cross country navigation and fly to alt restrictions using a chart. This would be quite difficult with a VR setup. For multiplayer online racing though and no airspace restrictions VR would provide great immersion bar the no PDA races.

Oxo, my 40th birthday is on March 8th.........I enjoy buying presents for myself :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
Bronze by Spring......I hope!
Bronze C completed 3-4-2017 - Hoping worked :mrgreen:
Silver height / duration complete - Just that 50km distance flight now. Roll on Spring!

MasA

Postby MasA » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:52 am

VR

I started gliding this year and want to practice on the simulator. I didn't buy Condor because it was ... old with bad graphics. I decided to fly with AeroFly FS 2 becouse of the graphics and VR !! My VR set is just my smartphone with Riftcat app and of course VR box. And now flying on the sim without VR isn't so fun.

So, if you consider to add in the first approach simple VR view with head tracking that will be nice.

Anyway.. I will start flying with Condor 2 because Aerofly FS 2 doesn't have realistic thermals.

DanStro

Postby DanStro » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 am

Below is a link for V2.0 scenery. Though there are no screenshots one of them has a release date of "Autumn 2018". I hope that isn't true and that it will be much sooner. But even if it is accurate this is a really encouraging sign that we are getting really close. I am now getting excited!

https://www.condorworld.eu/index.php?produktsm=0
https://www.condorworld.eu/index.php?p=226

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:41 am

:D lol

Your digging is good, but you missed the important information from that site.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:31 am

What we know about Condor 2 ?

The Web site of Cadafel is ready to sale Condor 2 and 1 extra sceneries, its red line poducts!

- Immediately Austria 2 in 8192 x 8192 pixels,
- and in Autumn 2018 Czech Republic in 8192 x 8192 pixels and probably with full Condor 2 features.

But there is also other details that can be deduced of the above gliders' pictures:

A new "synthetic-textures" scenery "Slovenia 2" made by Cadfael will be sold with Condor 2 as Condor 1.

The standard mesh of the scenries: probably 30 x30 m, instead of 90 x90 m square.

Shadows seems to be directly applied by directX11, instead of cast shadows of Condor 1.

Two words about VR. I had used, during several hours Occulus Rift with DCS. It is an impressive, and immersive way to fly in a simulator, but nobody spoke about the too low resolution of the screen!

Good flight!
Last edited by Xavier on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
*****- Xavier - (XDL * F-DELX) -*****

Cadfael

Postby Cadfael » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:54 am

All information and pictures, which I have at my website, are only official pictures and information :-)

Immediately Austria 2 in 8192 x 8192 pixels ->
CW-A has 4096x4096 pixels texture, the same as Austria2. It is ready, but will be released together with Codnor 2. I also do not know date of release, I have only website ready for it.

CW-B has 8192 resolution, it is new landscape and area, and will be ready at the autumn not depends when Condor will be released. If it will be released later, then there will be text - release together with Condor :wink:

But I believe and hope Condor will be released before

JBr

Postby JBr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:39 am

Xavier, please refrain from using the term "cartoon textures". It gives feeling of the textures being simplified and unrealistic. What Cadfael actually creates are "synthetic textures", he builds the textures from real photorealistic samples and the final visual result doesn't differ from the way real landscape looks. This is also how this texture type is called in Condor landscape guide (I hope OXO or Uroš won't shoot me for revealing this teeny-tiny detail :)).

janjansen

Postby janjansen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 am

Xavier wrote:Two words about VR. I had used, during several hours Occulus Rift with DCS. It is an impressive, and immersive way to fly in a simulator, but nobody spoke about the too low resolution of the screen!

Oculus rift and HTC vive indeed have somewhat limited resolution ( 2x 1080×1200 sounds like a lot, but its only barely enough with 110 degree FoV). Its one of the reasons Im holding off buying one.

However, you can buy a pimax 4K VR headset today, for less money to boot. And this month, the first "8K" (really 2x 4K) set ought to ship: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/pimax- ... 35745.html
The way it works minimizes the GPU requirements, which wont be as astronomical as you might fear. It basically renders the center of the screen in higher resolution than the periphery.

Im actually surprised Oculus and HTC havent yet released new, higher resolution models, but Im sure they wont be far behind. Affordable, high resolution VR sets will be upon us long before condor V2 becomes obsolete :).

stevemyall

Postby stevemyall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Has VR support been confirmed as not existing in V2? If so, I guess I will be scouring Ebay for another trackir to replace the one I thought I would never need again. Oh wait... assume that will be supported and 6dof to boot?

kharmon

Postby kharmon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 pm

VR or no VR . . . . . all I want is a longer tow rope.
I'm tired of AI tow pilots asking me to stick a rag out the window and clean their rudders for them. :wink:

/sarc off

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:54 pm

kharmon wrote:VR or no VR . . . . . all I want is a longer tow rope.
I'm tired of AI tow pilots asking me to stick a rag out the window and clean their rudders for them. :wink:

/sarc off

You will be happy with Condor2 then ;)
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

sisu1a

Postby sisu1a » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:05 pm

New Condor2 screenshot? :p

Return to “General”