Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

xavierpitz

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby xavierpitz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am

SteveK wrote:Nothing quite so exciting I'm afraid...I was referring to the TTL for the name servers and associated glue records on the .com gtld name servers (48hours).

Ah OK, those TTLs, I was thinking you were referring to the "www" & "forum" A records... Too bad :(

SteveK wrote:As condorsoaring.com seems to be self-hosted, and assuming that there is a server move involved, then they'd need to redelegate the name servers,

Yes, everything seems to point to 77.235.62.216. (NSs MX & A records...)
Well maybe there will not be a real server move and they may continue working like this.
They are already working with vhosts (www & forum both points to 77.235.62.216) and there are probably A records for beta "www" & "forum" (too bad we cannot dig for such records). If those are also hosted on 77.235.62.216 they can switch the wwwroots from current to beta websites in a few seconds to perform the switch. That's probably not the case because Steve talked about propagation time that would implicate an update from those A records...
They can also keep 77.235.62.216 as ns1 & ns2 and update the zone, then redelegate later on.
So much possibilities ;) ... But I think monitoring those records may not be a bad idea & could lead us to some infos...

SteveK wrote:No inside information, but I don't see a specific reason to put the champagne on ice.

To put it on ice, I'll have to but some first.
I'm always too optimist :)

Xavier

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm

xavierpitz wrote:.
So much possibilities ;) ... But I think monitoring those rec
I'm always too optimist :)
Xavier

Land out much????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the BEST thing to do would be to let the Condor Team get on with it without distracting them with the noise of goings-on here.

It’s clear that they are in the final countdown to release, the features of the product at release will have been long since locked in stone. We can but sit back and enjoy the ride. The snotty kid in the back seat of the car asking “arewethereyet?” every five minutes doesn’t help the car go faster.

Are we there yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 pm

SteveK wrote:Are we there yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt20roG_K0
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

MasA

Postby MasA » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 pm

OXO wrote:
SteveK wrote:Are we there yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt20roG_K0

good pint is a full pint of Guinness...

flying.islander
Location: Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Galactic Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Postby flying.islander » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 pm

SteveK wrote:Probably the BEST thing to do would be to let the Condor Team get on with it without distracting them with the noise of goings-on here.

Yes, but is anyone forcing the Condor Team to monitor this thread, instead of getting back to work adding Sidewinders, Hellfires, AMRAAMs and 30mm cannons and Gatling guns to the gliders?
CN: TXS
TX-ScubaSteve

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 pm

flying.islander wrote:
SteveK wrote:Probably the BEST thing to do would be to let the Condor Team get on with it without distracting them with the noise of goings-on here.

Yes, but is anyone forcing the Condor Team to monitor this thread, instead of getting back to work adding Sidewinders, Hellfires, AMRAAMs and 30mm cannons and Gatling guns to the gliders?

It's a public forum so it certainly needs monitoring and moderation - so yes all posts need to be read, spammers terminated (with extreme prejudice) etc. (And that can be quite a job at times, in itself)

I think that a page or two above, OXO quite decisively stated that explosive third party thermal eviction equipment would not be a part of V2 (OK, I think his post was more like "NO!" but I got the message). Understandable (although the idea does have a certain appeal whenever someone is faffing about at my level in a thermal :) )

tom eagles

Postby tom eagles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm

There are three people that know how we have our servers configured and its going to stay that way lol. Despite some of the speculation here :) We appreciate all the tips etc. But trust me we have everything in hand.

And as for the new site to quote OXO IRWIR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone

Postby Someone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 pm

I have a friend. He is Condor pilot since 2006. Tomorrow he selebrates his 70th-year anniversary. I hoped that I will buy him Condor v.2 as a birthday gift but.... :(

zendesigner

Postby zendesigner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 pm

Last edited by zendesigner on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.condor.cc/pilot_details.php?id=11337]
Image[/url]

zendesigner

Postby zendesigner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 pm

I'll se it when it gets here, is what i have been saying the past 10 years. ... nothing changed yet 8)
[url=http://www.condor.cc/pilot_details.php?id=11337]

Image[/url]

wickid

Postby wickid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Still no 8...

I wonder what counting system the Condor team uses :lol:
PH-2729, WS

JBr

Postby JBr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Do you know how countdowns in NASA work? :)

wickid

Postby wickid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

So you are suggesting we should have "ignition sequence start" now?
PH-2729, WS

Pit_R

Postby Pit_R » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 pm

T-10 days and holding

Yup, we know - we're waiting for longer holding after nearest 0... ;)

"Pauses in the countdown, or "holds," are built into the countdown to allow the launch team to target a precise launch window, and to provide a cushion of time for certain tasks and procedures without impacting the overall schedule."
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/launch/countdown101.html

No problem. Impacting the overall schedule would be not good... ;)
No matter where you go... There you are...

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:26 pm

wickid wrote:So you are suggesting we should have "ignition sequence start" now?
When the time comes, it’s more likely to be “Light the blue touchpaper and stand back!”. But I get the idea. Maybe the team are ticking off the last few preparation goals rather than calendar days.

Pressing the launch button must be a nerve wracking experience after so many years of preparation. To the team, good luck!

Anyway IRWIR.

Return to “General”