Starting with cockpit turned off and different view angle

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

Aussiewalrus

Starting with cockpit turned off and different view angle

Postby Aussiewalrus » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:22 am

Hi All

The Sim is progressing to the point where I actually got to fly it the other day :D

See: http://soarabilitysim.blogspot.com/

My question is whether the default view at the start of the flight and for the F1 button can be modified. At the moment when I start, I have to remove the normal cockpit view (Ctrl + F1) and then move the view slightly by tapping NUM8 a couple of times. This then gets me to a point where the view I see is suitable with relation to the position of the fuselage.

What I would like is for the cockpit to not show at the start, and the view to be at the correct angle both at startup, and whenever the cockpit view button is pressed. So that means I can show an outside view, and then go back to cockpit view in the correct orientation.

Does anyone know if any of this can be done? I'm guessing I might be able to do the first bit by changing the cockpit graphic to be clear or have nothing on it. As for the angle, I have no idea if it can be done.

Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks! :D
Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

Tima (TSD)

Re: Starting with cockpit turned off and different view angle

Postby Tima (TSD) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:52 am

Regarding Ctrl+F1 i doubt there is no possibility to change it at startup. There are workarounds possible but through external utilities.
Default vertical view angle can be adjusted in the Setup -> Options ->Vertical view center.

Aussiewalrus

Postby Aussiewalrus » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 am

Tima you're a champion! Thanks for the help, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've been playing Condor for many years (pretty much since it was released) and I've never noticed those options before. There are also options for smoothing and panning which help as well. I guess that's what you get for assuming you know it all!

I'll wait and see if anyone else has any ideas for the cockpit. However, if it is hidden behind the actual fuselage it may well solve the problem.

Thanks!! :D
Tom

Reg-#: G-TOM

Comp-#: TW

Tima (TSD)

Postby Tima (TSD) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:55 am

I know slightly more then many other pilots about different options because i was translator of Condor interface to Russian ;).

Return to “Cockpit Builders”