Control stick: 1/2" socket extension bar fitted into a Hookes joint. There is a 23mm socket buried in the wood to secure the joint at the chassis end. The movement within the gate is a bit excessive, particularly fore and aft: I will probably make some replaceable plywood shims to fit inside and restrict the movement.
IMU module: This fits onto the stick as shown (although I will probably not use sellotape for the final version
The module contains the following:
- the IMU itself, comprising a 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis magnetometer and 3 axis gyroscope, on a single board
- a PICAXE 08M2 microcontroller
- a Micromega FPU 3 maths co-processor, which works out the angular orientation of the module, and calculates positional bytes (0-254) for pitch and bank.
- 5V voltage regulators (the incoming supply can be 3-32VDC)
- an inverter chip, which is used to interface the FPU3
- two 1/8" jackplug sockets which allow the PICAXE and the FPU to be interrogated by the host PC via USB interface sockets.
Still a fair way to go yet ........ but so far it feels quite promising.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can take the Beast from the East
But never the East from the Beast
Beastly Soaring - Tuesday nights, on the ServerOfTheBeast
Competition number IFC, aircraft registration number G-CHQR