My homemade heavy duty rudder pedals

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

John Verschoor

Re: My homemade heavy duty rudder pedals

Postby John Verschoor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi "pappy",

If you have pedals with a seperate usb connection then just assign them in condor setup-input.

If you're building pedals yourself you might use the electronics of a worn out usb joystick.
Another option is to open the microsoft joystick, cut the wires to the "twist-lever" potmeter and connect those to the potmeter on your pedals. if you build in a small connector you could easily choose between twist handle or rudderpedals later.

Regards,

John

pappy69

Postby pappy69 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 pm

John Verschoor wrote:Hi "pappy",

If you have pedals with a seperate usb connection then just assign them in condor setup-input.

If you're building pedals yourself you might use the electronics of a worn out usb joystick.
Another option is to open the microsoft joystick, cut the wires to the "twist-lever" potmeter and connect those to the potmeter on your pedals. if you build in a small connector you could easily choose between twist handle or rudderpedals later.

Regards,

John

Thanks for the advice.
I am building the exact pedals myself and just had this question....sometimes answer is right there infront of us and we dont see it!!!
HEHEHE!!! Thanks!!! :)

pappy69

Postby pappy69 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:29 am

Happy new year everybody.
I tried with the exact same adapter to build the circuit using 1megaΩ and tried in all 4 positions
of the adapter to make it work but it doesn't..... am i doing something wrong or should i take care of something concerning the software.
the pc shows to recognize the adapter but once i plug in the pot with the 15pin to the adapter and try it through properties/test of the game port i get no result.
does anybody know which pins do i connect the pot on th 15pin? is it 3 and 8 or some other?

John Verschoor

Postby John Verschoor » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 am

Just google for 15 pin gameport layout.
You'll find diagrams and descriptions.
Get 5V to one end of the pot, gnd to the other end and the middle pin of the pot to one of the axis.

Cheers,

John

pappy69

Postby pappy69 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm

It is the ground i was missing for some reason. Everything works very well now.
The pot though had to be 10k because the traveling of the pedals from to left to right corresponds
more to reality.

Return to “Cockpit Builders”