Hello everybody,Congratulations to the 3 winners of this competition ! 1st : Tim Kuijpers (NX) Netherland
2nd : Jeroen Jennen (JJJ) Belgium
3rd : Sandor Laurinyecz (LS) Hungary
For the organization team, the Sky Battle Cup has been a real challenge because we had to set up all the organization during a month (between the moment of the GO decision and the first race : rules, competition management, communication, servers. The other challenge was the scale change : ASK-13 cups were already opened to international pilots, but this time a specific communication on official forum and to different Condor communities allowed to give to the competition a real international dimension. Not only do we talk of registered pilots but also of the organization and management : so, we have discussed with international Condor actors and received their help. On the technical side, we had to strenghten the system by renting a second great capacity dedicated server. Finally, to take up the last challenge, we wanted to give you emotions directly inspired by Lowlands Cup and Speebbattle Cups, but with our own style.
You have well understood that we were really in a real virtual glider competition for all pilots of course but it was also a real challenge for us, organizers.
Anyway it was a real pleasure to organize this event. A little stress and adrenalin before the first race, but we recovered on second race ... and finally until the end... "Servers are all started, no major incident ? Cool !" 8-[
After success of Ask13 cups, we felt ready to start this new challenge. We have tried to think about everything, and it was not always easy to manage problems, sometimes at the last moment. For example, when patch13 was released, only few hours before a race 8-[ even when all was planned on our side.
We have notably thought to open the discussion on forums, in order to allow to everybody to make a debriefing on each race, to express their difficulties or to tell their flight stories, etc.
We also have thought to open claims posts, about uploading .ftr or scoring, but some people (a minority) used it to criticize, with a language limited to a few words. But that's it, nobody is perfect !
With a well-crafted organization, we have, I think, brought this competition to a successful conclusion.
Here are some elements (in short), to glimpse backstages
- Number of registered pilots : 853
- Number of countries : 36
- Number of pilot who have made at least one flight : 416
- Number of pilot who have made at least 14 races : 105
- Number of pilots who had at least 900 pts on general ranking : 12
- Number of claims : 14
- Number of completed tasks to bring the project to a successful conclusion : cf. annexes
- Number of dedicated servers : 2
- Number of server slots for each race : 13
- Some evening races, SBC2010 servers represented more than 90 % of all online Condor activity
- Record number of connected pilots at the beginning of the evening : more than 280
- Average number of connected pilots : near 170
- Number of TeamSpeak CondorSim.fr channels : 10
- Number of topics in the private forum dedicated to the SBC2010 organization : 83
- Number of posts in the private forum dedicated to the SBC2010 organization : near 2490
Many thanks to :
- All pilots for their participation
- All CondorSim.fr donators http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/fait ... -f125.html
(donations go to server renting)
- All pilots who had supported us during the competition
- Kaleu, Stefke, Cadfael for their trust in us and participation to the promotion
- Stefan (Stefke) and Andreas, authors of SpeedBattle Cup SBC2007 and SBC2008, for their kindness and their permission for using the SBC acronym
- hitzi for his Condor DSH servers manager and his Serverlist he had adapted for the specific needs of the competition
- BOD1 for his competition manager he had adapted for the specific needs of the SBC2010
- fransois for his regular photos reports on official forum
- snip for his cleverness that allowed to put in the air more than 200 pilots the first competition evening, even when the main serverlists were out of order
- TONY for the logo, structuration of the project, tasks management and communication organization
- Hubert for SBC2010 visual and banner
- Annie for translations french <-> english, forum posts management and tests
- RaiderOne for programming (races and refly) and dedicated server management, and his expertise on key points of rules and scoring
- Iron for his proposition to make his servers available to us
- Uros et GR for granting us a dedicated SBC2010 forum
- authors of sceneries used in the SBC2010