Registration and dates
- This competition is an individual competition opened to all Condor pilots but registration on Condor Club is mandatory
- Competition is free but watch your available credits of ftr upload. If you are not a CondorClub premium member you can upload a maximum of 5 .ftr files per month
- Registration on condorsim.fr forum - http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/ - is strongly recommended to be informed of technical problems especially when close to race time
- For dates, race days, total number of Race days viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16921
- Registration on Condor Club: http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=260
Briefing, gliders and sceneries
- "H" being the time when the servers open (see below), briefing will be available:
. in a simplified form on Condor Club and by eMail at H-45min
. in a comprehensive form on Condor Club at H-15min
- For each race, only one class of gliders will be allowed and defined (no "all class" races)
- No use of "fox", "PW-5", "ASK13" gliders and "Club Class" during this competition
- Required sceneries will be announced for the next 3 races on Condor Club
- Simultaneous opening of at least 4-6 Condor Servers at 20H15 Paris time (CET) which is 19H15 UTC
- Servers names (and category) : "FRxx - SkyBattleCUP 2017 - srv A" ("Condorsim.fr official servers") ... [or server B or C, D, E, F, etc., J]
- Password : will be notified in the Condor Club briefing and the eMail
- Maximum Ping allowed : 500 ms.
- Jointime : 20 mn (servers will be joinable between 19H15 UTC and 19H35 UTC)
- Race in : 5 mn for normal start, 20 mn for regatta start
- Start time window : opened during 60 mn (for normal start)
- Plane icon range : 4 km.
- Thermal helpers : not allowed
- Turnpoint helper range : 0 km (even on no-PDA tasks)
- Realtime scoring: not allowed
- External view : NOT allowed
- Padlock view : not allowed
- Plane recovery : not allowed
- Height recovery : not allowed
- Mid-air collision recovery : allowed without penalty
- Cloud flying : allowed with penalty (60pts per min)
Rules in the sky
- 10 km around the start line, thermals must be turned left (even if the pilot has started the task)
- You have to turn in the same direction than the first plane in the thermal. Any change of turn direction must be done outside of the thermal
- Restart after crossing the 1st waypoint is not allowed
- The glider with the ridge on his right wing has right of way
- Planes cross each others on the right side ("French way of driving" )
- Overtaking a glider must be done on the right side
- In the end, only the 15 best results of each pilot will be counted for his final general ranking
- To be scored, a pilot must upload his .ftr file on the Condor Club site before 01H30 UTC
- In case of a disconnection, the pilot must continue the task offline without any delay and upload his .ftr file on Condor Club website right after his finish
- Even outlanded or crashed, each pilot has to upload his .ftr file on the Condor Club site before 01H30 UTC
- Due to the big number of competitors, we have to apply the rules without any exception so .ftr files sent out of delay will be ignored and considered as missing and consequently the race will not be scored
- Any missing FTR or FTR wich don't indicate a normal end of flight (outlanding, end of circuit) will be considered as crash. It's up to the pilots to verify their hardware / configuration. As the pre-flight procedure in real somehow.
- A pilot disconnected from the server has to continue his flight without interruption, as if he were still connected. For obvious fairness reasons compared to the still connected pilots, the use of the 'Pause' Key is not allowed
- A pilot disconnected from the server has to upload his .ftr file to the Condor Club site WITHOUT ANY DELAY after the end of his flight, otherwise he will be considered as having used the Pause key abusively and will not be scored for that race
- A pilot disconnected from the server, and unable to upload any .ftr file after his flight, is considered as crashed as we have no way to prove it's not the case
- A Crash during a race gives a no score for the pilot at that race, but penalties are also given on the General scoring sheet :
Total penalties counted when you totalize :
1 crash = -50 pts.
2 crashes = -100 pts.
3 crashes = -200 pts.
4 crashes = -400 pts.
5 crashes = -800 pts.
6 crashes = -1600 pts.
- A pilot with a total of 7 crashes is automatically disqualified.
Once disqualified he:
. cannot upload ftr anymore and will be listed with zero points in the overall results
. does not receive the briefing anymore
. can continue to fly in the competition asking a friend to provide him the password. However he must leave priority to other competitors during the races
Complaints, claims and requests
- Complaints, claims and requests by PM (Private Message on the Forum or Condor Club) or eMail will be completely ignored !
- Any complaint or request has to be submitted on forums viewforum.php?f=26 or http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/skyb ... -f196.html
- As far as claims are concerned, a pilot must file a claim in the appropriate topic, 48h maximum after the start of the race. After that period the topic will be locked and the organizers will announce their decision before the next race.
- Organizers viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16921
- The organization team can change the competition rules anytime, as necessary
- All the decisions of the organization team are final
- The organization team will take action against cheating pilots
- Cheating can lead to disqualification
For any question, go to viewforum.php?f=26