After a complete unpacking of downloaded files, you can check the contents in the various directories:
1. In the root directory Condor \ Landscapes \ California you must have at least the following files:
• California.apt : Airport File size 46 KB
• california.for : forests map size 128000 KB
• California.obj : objects list size 0 kb
• california.tdm : thermal map size 128001 KB
• california.trn : elevations map size 256001 KB
• California.ini : config. parameters size 1 KB
These files are mandatory and any alteration would prevent the use of the scenery or spoil its network compatibility.
You also need to the files:
• California.bmp : PDA map size 384 001 KB
• California.cup : TP list size 113 KB
These files must exist but may be modified or replaced.
You'll also find the CaliforniaNB.bmp file, which is an alternative PDA map, to be used only in case of memory problems at launch (see below).
2. In California \ Textures directory , there are a total 25342 dds tiles, including the empty.dds tile (oceans are untextured areas).
• Loading time :
If you cannot enter in a network flight because of a too long loading time, try after a reboot to launch and enter in the same place in solo flight, then close Condor and try to reconnect in the network flight.
• Memory size:
During Condor’s loading, especially for network flights, you may encounter crashes with the error message "out of memory while expanding memory stream." To avoid memory saturation of your computer, close all unwanted background programs : ctrl + alt + supr -> open Task Manager, in Process tab close Condor.exe and all programs that are not needed by Windows operations and rerun Condor.
Whenever possible, run annexes programs (such as CondorNav or Cunimb) after entering flight.
If the problem persists even after a full restart, you can try to connect using the alternative PDA map CaliforniaNB.bmp. It is 3 times lighter than color maps and that saves over 250 Megabytes of memory. But it’s black and white, and only readable for the first zoom levels (4, 8 and 16km). In this case you should use in addition ZAD’s CondorNav.
• In flight:
This scenery has been tested on different machines, both in solo flights and network, and we have not encountered serious problems in flight.
Like in AA, display may still appear jerky when turning with PDA map displayed (screen 1). As this problem is strongly emphasized when force feedback is enabled in Condor, we advise you to disable it (in Setup / Input uncheck Force feedback).
Last edited by dgtfer
on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.