AptCndr tool

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR, ASH33M

Xavier

Re: AptCndr tool

Postby Xavier » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Now we also must speak of the different issues of this Tool :

Fist of all the Viewer don't wok correctly and it made mistakes with the textures.

ViewerApt.png

The second difficulty is the inadequate ergonomics and the lack of a good tutorial in English and in French.

Its is difficult to understand that you can't move your object. The only way is to delete it and place it in the other position.
(false see the topic of Capricorne)

I lost few hours with error 35, to understand that the comment character # is not available and that you must only use the // to make your comments in your .cx files.

Nevertheless, it is a great tool that can save a lot of your time to make your airports.
In Wings 3D to put 3 gliders at the right place, make the conversion to xxxO.cx, link the textures, it took me 1.5 hours. With this tool 10 minutes (when all is understand).

In my opinion, this topic with this tool must stand near the top of the scenery development .

Good flight
Last edited by Xavier on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*****- Xavier - (XDL * F-DELX) -*****

Capricorne

Postby Capricorne » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 am

Xavier wrote:Now we also must speak of the different issues of this Tool :

Its is difficult to understand that you can't move your object. The only way is to delete it and place it in the other position.

In my opinion this topic with this tool must stand near the top of the scenery development .

Good flight

Hi all, hi Xavier,
Look's like you have missed something in the 101help file :D

Patrice

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Capricorne....

Obviously, I miss this few lines :oops: :oops: :oops: :? :?

Many thanks and good flight

vs1972

Postby vs1972 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 am

Hi to all. Happy New Year.

In Aptcndr I keep getting am Error (9) Verify Input!, after selecting the scenery, airport and pressing OK. I have installed the .nET 4.5, WINDOWS 7.
Any ideas?

Regards

------------

I have found it, incorrect settings. Thanks

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 am

I have the same problem as the previous poster. I can't seem to get beyond "ERROR: (9) Verify input" The only thing I did was to select appropriate directory, airport, and image. Changing values seem not to have any effect. I don't know what incorrect settings he's refering to. I'm using AptCndrX, but AptCndr is the same.

I think learning scenery making has got to be considered some sort of martyrdom. I'd be pulling my hair out if it wasn't already falling by itself. :( I should have been skiing today instead of this.

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:32 am

OK, I got through. Apparently the "Check" button doesn't populate the Lat/Lon fields, so the values must be entered manually. :)

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Pstrzel,

AptCndrX tool had been built by Calu 3 years ago, It was a working prototype with some bugs and with a very poor help and ergonomic ability in the different functions. Since 2 years Calu had stop the development of this project.

So this tools is as it is, but it is the best tools to make airports with Condor and especially for the airport object file, because it sorts the textures and converts the cx files of each object in translation and rotation without disturbing transparencies, in order to add them into a global object airport file.

If you try to do this in Wings 3 D, Object Converter limits the number of faces and you will soon get an error message or with Conv3ds.

To help you, I made 3 photos of the AptCndr tools (I use Wings 3d to make runways and insert the image in AptCndr) :

Paramètre du projet.jpg

Understand that:
- All the specifications must be completed before OK.
- No corrective actions are available to change the parameters of the projects after OK. So for any mistake, you must fill again all the parameters.
- Beware with the decimal separator and use the appropriate one of your keyboard.
- The save option works only when you quit!

Piste1.jpg

As you can see the limits of the airports drawn by AptrCndr don't match with the real limit of the airport (7 to 10 m) as with Landscape Editor!

Apt Mornington.jpg

Good continuation!

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Xavier,
Thank you for a quick very helpful reply. I will probably not be doing runways, because my scenery is HD photo-realistic and I won't be able to match them exactly to the photo, so it may not look good. Many runways here are only 23 m wide, not 50.

Last night I started putting in my 3D objects (built in Wings3D) into AptCndrX, but they came in 2X the size. Today, after windows update I get xviewer.exe crash :x.

Can you tell me what those numbers X 419.5, Y 398.5 are? They are always -1 at the beginning and I get an "(1) Bad field" error, so I change them to 0. But I don't know what they should be.

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi pstrzel,

You must do a little bit of calculations to determine the center of the runway (X and Y in pixel) and to determine the scale of the image in meters per pixels in order to complete the filling of the parameters projects before OK. By doing this calculations you would be able to place the object at the correct position in your airport!

Better than a long explanation (scales of Photo shop in pixels) :

Piste2.jpg

Don't forget that in Condor:
- The starting place is 200 m from the beginning of the runway, right 12.5/15 m of the runway's axis.
- The tow lands on the runway until 375 m of the begining of the runway
- The come back to the start line of the tow is 60/75 m from the runway's axis.

It is for that I always put in Landscape Editor 50 m runway's width.

Good continuation

Xavier

Re: AptCndr tool - Basic Filling of the Project parameters

Postby Xavier » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Well, I understand that it is not obvious to fill the "Project Parameters" Windows of AptCndrX

There is a basic help coming only with the version 1.03 of AptCndr on the Lurik's web site.
You must at first download the 2 last versions in the same directory (ie: AptCndr and AptCndrX and apply all the upgrades) 3 downloads at: http://www.lurik.fr

For Condor Use AptCndrX in relation with UTM image.

Paramètre du projet.jpg

In 8 steps the basic filling :

-1- Make your airport as you want, but get an image of this airport correctly oriented (ie: North vertical at the top image), use R with Google Earth or orient your sketch with Photo Shop to the direction fill in Landscape Editor for your airport. There is a lot of manners to obtain a good relationship between your image an the project (Center of the runway and Scaling of the image). Basically, make the calculations as described above to obtain the Center of your airport's runway on the image (X, Y) and the scaling in Meters per Pixel (ie: you must get the same scaling between your airport's image and your scenery map in landscape Editor).

-2- Open AptCndr and Click File -> New
The Project Parameters Open :
Click on Select (2) and give a name and a path to your project in the directory of your choice. Click OK to close the "project name" window. The name and the path are displayed in 2.

- 3 - Bind your project with your scenery: Click on Select (3) and select XX/Condor/Landcapes/YourScenery, Click OK to close the "Rechercher un dossier" window.

- 4 - The path of your scenery and the list of the airports present in your scenery are displayed from the data of your scenery computed with Landscape Editor. Click on the airport of your project, The parameters of your airport are displayed on the left as they were filled by yourself in Landscape Editor.

- 5 - Give the path to your Airport's image: Click Select (5) and select your Airport's image. Click OK to close the "Map" window and the path and the length and hight in pixels of the airport's image are displayed.

- 6 - Indicate the position X, Y in pixels of the Centre of the runway of your airport's image, as calculated in 1.

- 7 - Bind the Centre of the runway of your airport's image with the calibration made in Landcape Editor for your scenery by copying the data displayed in (3).

- 8 - Fill the 2 windows M/pixel: with the scaling in meters per pixels calculated in (1).

If all is correct you can now click on OK of the "Project parameters" window and get a display of your airport's image and the airport's limits (red or green) of Landscape Editor as shown above.

Now you can work to your project, but don't forget that you save your work only when you quit AptCndr, so Click always Yes (Oui) at the last window "Do you want to save the modifications of (path project)?" to save your project.

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 am

Xavier,
Thanks for your willingness to help, but I have decided against using AptCndr. I do all runways and objects within the Wings3D window now. I developed a method that I'm comfortable with. Perhaps when I'm done with my scenery I'll write a post about all my methods.

jbreznai

Postby jbreznai » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi All!

I started working with AptCndr tool again... I started again my Hungary_2 scenery with new Landsat 8 pictures ...
Some years ago, I used this tool on my old Pentium IV , but I change my PC I8 and I have got WIN7 64 bit.

My problemes..
I generated one airport but the runway ~10 times larger than the actual size.
I put on 3D objectes.. Objects size also 10 times larger ... I had to reduced. The 3D object viewer not work.
I generated .xc files and I started Condor I would like to see the airport, but receive an error message .
I dont know where is the problem...

BR
Janos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[url=http://condor.ephemeride.com/graduate/0/?id=297]
Image[/url]

Capricorne

Postby Capricorne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Janos,
Can you post a screen capture from "Paramètres du projet" like the one from Xavier above ?
What is the resolution of your Image ? (landsat 8 ? )

I'm nearly sure you did a mistake with M/pix. ( Just rapidly test by using for example "1")
The viewer did never really work.. had also bug with XP...and now don't work with 7.
that's not your actual problem... :(

Reminder

BY J.F.Gombault :wink:

http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/topic14424.html#p142591

BR,

Patrice

jbreznai

Postby jbreznai » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Cher Patrice,
merci tous ce que tu m' as envoyé, tu m' as beaucoup aidé.

Amicalement
Janos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[url=http://condor.ephemeride.com/graduate/0/?id=297]

Image[/url]

GregHart1965

Postby GregHart1965 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:54 am

I like this app! :D :D

Took a short while to get going with it but its super useful, thanks for developing this!!!

Return to “Scenery”