Caucasus scenery

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR, ASH33M

Capricorne

Re: Caucasus scenery

Postby Capricorne » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Cleared by Capricorne, sorry , was a mistake. :oops:

Capricorne

Postby Capricorne » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Piotr ,
Do you still work on this scenery ?
Can I show what people are missing with the video von Tamar ?
I'm very busy with tests of "AA" now (the big one) but if you still need help , let me know.. :wink:
Patrice

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Capricorne wrote:Hi Piotr ,
Do you still work on this scenery ?
Can I show what people are missing with the video von Tamar ?
I'm very busy with tests of "AA" now (the big one) but if you still need help , let me know.. :wink:
Patrice

Hi Patrice,
Thanks for asking. I'm sorry for not having done anything on it :oops: . I lost motivation for a while, but started thinking about releasing it as is (low-res). The reason I haven't done anything else is because I get a little frustrated with creating objects. I'm still not very good at UV mapping. If you could create some airport objects (your Queen Tamar!), I'd be very greateful and we could release it soon. I also want to create generic cities using Cadfael's city objects from Slovenia HD (with his permission). I started doing that too, but never finished. I work in front of a computer all day, so doing it in spare time at home requires a lot of motivation. I haven't even been flying Condor that much :| . If you'd like to help, let's discuss specifics through PM. Thanks again.

Piotr S.

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:07 am

I'm back to working on this project. I plan on releasing it before the end of the year. :)

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:25 am

The countdown is on. I'm hoping to be done by Christmas. I added some more imaginary airports for more fun, tweaked forests to make flying along snowy peaks more interesting, and put in some objects. Here's a little preview:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:30 am

This scenery has been submitted for release on Condor-Club.eu. I presume Thierry is on vacation, so we will have to wait a little longer. Here's what you can expect, the full maps. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GregHart1965

Postby GregHart1965 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks for all the hard work guys!! :D 8)
Cant wait to give it whirl - just downloaded last night.

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 pm

A word of advice, don't get too hung up on flying the highest ridges. It's a whiteout out there :) and you'll be flying by map only. There are plenty of flyable ridges down lower that are actually more fun. Wave is incredible though. I just posted a 14,500 m altitude record last night, but I was sleepy and tired. I think it can be surpassed easily. Enjoy!

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:36 am

If you'd like to be my passenger on a 15000 meter wave flight in Caucasus, download this Replay file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvG7U4FJfbrVWlqSG9WRzl6bE0/view?usp=sharing, put it in your Condor\Replays directory and select it from the Condor "View Replay" menu. You must have Caucasus scenery installed of course. When the flight begins, click on the screen to gain control of the view ports and head-tracking and enjoy the flight. You can use the replay control menu to fast-forward and you can hide it with the tilde key (~) on your keyboard. Please don't distract me with talking and don't criticize my flying, because I won't hear you anyway. Just know that I will get you down safely on the ground. :)

GregHart1965

Postby GregHart1965 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:50 am

Nice! :D Havent viewed yet but will. I had one flight trying create wave but I think I did not read the terrain so well in setting the weather, wrong angle wind I think or bad choice of ridge? I found some low level wave which appeared in between ridges and outrageous lift above some cliff faces.

I have yet to beat the 13m/s+ I got off the shoulder of the Eiger though, crazy, plane being thrown all over the place going up like a rocket - best you not be a passenger in my craft! :wink: :lol:

dimakmv

Postby dimakmv » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:49 am

Hi
Real flight to Arcus around Elbrus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBB33Vkbsjw

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:30 am

Thanks for sharing! The real Caucasus is a lot more beautiful than the scenery. :)

Return to “Scenery”