Condor's Planes List

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

hi!jack

Re: Condor's Planes List

Postby hi!jack » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:47 am

Erixooon wrote:
hi!jack wrote:hi I would like to see anther planes in condor:

Hehe, tak můžeÅ¡ začít. :wink:

[English]Fine, you can start creating them.[/English]

hehe kdybych nebyl na vsechno levej tak proc ne :twisted:

Aussiewalrus

Postby Aussiewalrus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:05 am

mac wrote:I am curious... what is the advantage of these kind of planes?

Well i think the most obvious would be that half of the thing is missing, so less drag :) I'm sure there are other very clever things that go on. I do know that the pilots who flew it said it was unstable and very hard to thermal. Does look very cool though :P
Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

roadblock

Postby roadblock » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:22 pm

i gave the 3d modelling a shot but i really flunked at trying, but what i would really would like to see are gliders like the esg, grunau baby and kranich,

whenever you ask your instructor on what kind of glider they flew its mostly these kind of gliders, would also be funny to have a competition with 1950 gliders only...

Freebird

Postby Freebird » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Must be some old instructors :) when I started in 1970 the first thing I flew was a T21 then went on to the good old Ka7 which I flew my solo in. I also flew Ka2 which was a bit like a Ka7 with a wooden fuselage. I bought a share in a Skylark 2 not long afterwards so missed out on flying the clubs Olympia 2b, the clubs high performance single seater was a Ka6e. The most impressive looking glider around then I thought was the Diamant.

If you look back over the years you would have an almost endless 'want' list. Not seen the Minimoa or Kite mentioned yet :)

roadblock

Postby roadblock » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:29 pm

how about a horsa glider that would be cool to fly

JJJ

Postby JJJ » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:43 pm

and much sink :)
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

SAN-Soarer

Postby SAN-Soarer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:20 pm

I wanna know the Index of this "thing". 20?, 30? :lol:

Trace - 95T

Postby Trace - 95T » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:22 pm

Id rather see my favorite bomber (Lanc) as the towplane! lol
Trace Lewis - 95T

Olympia

Postby Olympia » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:51 pm

There is some scope for a 'vintage' glider competion when the right gliders appear. I'd like it, and I guess it would sort out the men from the boys or the women from the girls.

I was trained on the Slingsby T31 (30 launches - what do you mean you can't fly?? said my instructor you've had the thirty launches -- off you go!) about 60 trips in the single seat version called the Tutor before I was allowed anywhere near the club Olympia2b. After that it was all downhill - my own 2b, and then an Olympia 463 (how many pilots have flown that?). Joined a new club with Skylarks 2, 3 and 4, Dart, and K6cr. Instructed on the T31, T21, Capstan, Blanik, Bocian, Ka2, Ka7, K13.
Also flew about a dozen other wooden ships. Ever heard of the 'mahogany bomber'? The Slingsby Eagle.

Never flown glass RL, so I would like very much to fly things I'm familiar with. I'm not knocking this glass stuff but it's really too easy with these huge glide angles and PDA's etc.

I could cook up some cracking tasks if we were all flying Olympias or Skylarks. Just finishing would be an achievement. :lol:
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

Polewka

Postby Polewka » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:26 am

Olympia wrote:I'm not knocking this glass stuff but it's really too easy with these huge glide angles... and PDA's etc.

I could cook up some cracking tasks if we were all flying Olympias or Skylarks. Just finishing would be an achievement. :lol:

You are right Olympia IF you fly the same tasks. IMHO if you fly 300km with an Olympia and a 700km task with a standard class ship with the same weather, it's VERY difficult too.... :)

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-XRP
Image Image

Freebird

Postby Freebird » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:48 pm

300K in an Olympia (2b not 463) is probably the same as 1000k in a modern standard class.

Changing the subject I got a look over a Stemme (had a choice of 2) also got promised a flight when I have a little more time. The one I looked over had a variable pitch prop with a cruise speed of 100kts, glide performance I was told is not quite as good as on paper & for final glide an ASW20 calculator works well. It was described as a bit of a compromise as you would expect but climbs well in thermals although a bit like a glider with full ballast. The folding prop is very clever & simple, overall I was very impressed with the whole thing ... forgot to ask about the empty weight though :)

My old club hosted the 15m Nationals last week & the owners of the Stemme also have an ASH25E (the last glider I flew in RL) they were following the Nationals pilots (or rather trying to) & the ASH flying at 90kts couldn't keep up with the 15m boys who were not only flying faster but also losing less height. Shows how things have changed since I last flew! While carrying no water the ASH had 2 pilots & has a retractable engine so it was at a respectable wing loading.

To add to the Glider list .. anyone thought of the EB28 version of the ASH25, at 28metres that would be fun especially if the wings were as bendy as the real thing :D

TangoPapaOne

Postby TangoPapaOne » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:09 pm

How long before this plane pack is ready? xmas, new year, easter?

dendwaler

Re: Condor's Planes List

Postby dendwaler » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm

Serginho wrote:Gliders under construction:
NOT REPORTED, BUT MAYBE ANOTHER SURPRISE? :D

Would it be possible to someone to develop the new Stemme S2 ?
Its a "pure glider" with 20m span.
Seems fun to fly a side by side plane to me.

Here is some info:

http://www.stemmewest.com/pages/S2_E.pdf
[/url]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xiff

Postby xiff » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:59 pm

its a nice plane :)

take a look on your sponsoring page ;)

Ka7 D-1628

Postby Ka7 D-1628 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:03 pm

xiff wrote:its a nice plane :)

The glider in your picture looks like a S10, not like a S2 :wink: However, both of them would be nice to fly! :)

Return to “Planes”