Virtual World Gliding Championship 2010 Prievidza.

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

FlyingEddieOM

Virtual World Gliding Championship 2010 Prievidza.

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

This is forum thread for discussing everything about Virtual WGC2010. All complains, question and advices are welcome as soon as they will not be offensive against any participant. You can also talk about training task and share your opinions on them.

You can find more info about it here: http://virtual.wgc2010.sk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pit_R

Re: Virtual World Gliding Championship 2010 Prievidza.

Postby Pit_R » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello all,

Few questions to organizers. :)

What time servers will be starting? (imho SBC'10 had very good scheduling and worth to use their experience maybe...)
Will not be problem with SA servers and lags, warping etc if so many ppl will fly the same time? (Hope not!)
When registration page/competitors list will start? (Maybe you could use c-c system for reg./scoring, it is already known and working good)
Can we change plane type/model during comp? Or we need to fly all comp. the same?

Last but not least: What is your main goal in realism?
To reproduce very similar weather (to RL) in Condor or rather to reproduce average task speed of the day with more or less similar weather?
How you want to avoid too fast results in Condor compared to those RL?

GLA and see you on the race!

P.
No matter where you go... There you are...

Postby 22 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

..well, I moved my post to right place...

..just a questions to rules
- there is not Q allowed, but servers are hosting by TeamSA. I have afraids about ping from Europe to SA and lagging/warping planes. So how can I avoid midair collision in this case?
- there will be more classes, when start registration to classes and how it will managed in fact?
- can I fly more classes?
- how about server scheduling? Or dont you plane online race?
- can you publish any more detail info about organization?
- how is solved double flying/registration problem if there will not be only online race?

Freebird

Postby Freebird » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Main interest for me is server time/times. If its done in the same manner as SBC then its impossible for me to fly as I'm working nights for the 2 weeks the WGC is on if servers are available at different times then it would be easier.

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Dont worry Freebird. There will be more server during day. I recon 3 or maybe 4 different timezones. I am not decidet yet. Everythink you need to know will be send to all registered user at the begining of next week via email.

Eddie

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 am

Some new features are avalaible on the site. List of competitors and and wider pilot profile option.

Eddie

CNorbee

Postby CNorbee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Entries / Registered Competitors for Virtual WGC2010 in Prievidza
http://virtual.wgc2010.sk/index.php?x=show_competitors
Two places I can see the list, please Eliminate the latter.
Image Image Image

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:11 pm

It has been fixed. :)

T.Teuwen

Postby T.Teuwen » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:36 pm

I have some questions about the races.

What is the maximum of pilots on the server? ( is it the normal maximum 32 or can more than 32 people fly in the races ?)

What time does the races start every day ?

greets

Thibeau

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm

All those question will be answerd soon. I am now setuping and testing new server. This information will be avaliable on site and will be also send by email to all registered competitors. The latest day for this info is Tuesday 2359 Local(2159UTC).

Eddie

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:03 am

Hi everybody. Training is over. From now till Thursday I will test our new servers. There for be patitioned if any complications will occour. Score for those server will not be held. Today I will post here futher information about whole event.

Postby 22 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 pm

I got email and I am not sure how do you want detect if disconnect was tech issue or
intention?
Only first attempt will be counted. Only excuse have pilots which has been disconnected during flight. In that case, they have two options how to score their points. Options are: Connect to another server and finish the task there or continue off-line and then send FTR file via website.

We usually dont allow continue in flight on next server and pilot has to finish task offline. There can be exception if there is Condor crash or PC crash, but is very problematic how verify such tech issue.
For this case we dont count all races, because PC/game crash is unpredictable, so ppl which have such problems sometimes are not cut out from possiblility win all competition.

Btw there is no word about how much races will be counted?

Edit: still there is no reply about Q option for midair collision? How can avoid midair collision with Brasilian pilot which have ping over 300 ms? Typically Serginho need much more and for joining to server needs full range1000 ms..?

Thx for reply in advance,
©22

FlyingEddieOM

Postby FlyingEddieOM » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi Marek

Btw there is no word about how much races will be counted?
Are jokeing with this question? Have you read Annex A. Every single results from valid day is counted.

still there is no reply about Q option for midair collision?

No possibility to recovery after collision. Excuse for lags and high ping isn't enough. Ask firstly yourself why you fly such close to another glider that you allow mid air collision. Just look out of cocpit. In real life you havent got such things like Q.

Disconnection issues is exactly for reason of PC crash. It is just about honesty of pilots. If someone wants to cheat he will always find the way how to.

Eddie

Postby 22 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 pm

hmm...

maybe better will be miss this event..

goshawk

Postby goshawk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

still there is no reply about Q option for midair collision?

No possibility to recovery after collision. Excuse for lags and high ping isn't enough. Ask firstly yourself why you fly such close to another glider that you allow mid air collision. Just look out of cocpit. In real life you havent got such things like Q.

EPIC FAIL!

Sorry but I have to say this is a very wrong idea.
In real/ideal world there is no PING or LAGG.

Please think again this rule. There are many good competitions with GOOD rules for midaid collision.
You can make rules for safer flying. For example :
- Penalize dangerous flying
- After two crash, midair collision, disqualifie the pilot

Sorry for the message but this rule is bad.
http://hwk.hu
"Linux is user friendly.... just selective of its friends"
"Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Return to “Multiplayer”