CONDOR

The Competition Soaring Simulator
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 am 

Attachment:
annonce SBC_AGL.jpg

This competition is open to all pilots of all levels!

First race January 17 at 19.30 UTC, 20.30 Paris time! 8)

Registration now on CondorClub here: http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/204/?id=53

Individual race.... Back to the Lowlands and Speedbattle Cup's spirit 8)

As of January 17, come experience the ambiance of an international Condor competition: 2 races per week, every Sunday and every Thursday evening. Three months of racing. The 14 best results of each pilot will be selected for final scoring and ranking :wink:

:arrow: Official detailed rules is available here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10936

Come and have fun all! 8)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by PhilippeFP on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:19 am 

All CondorSim.fr Team as well as the french speaking community is behind the Head of SBC2010 - PhilippeFP - already known for his former ASK-13 Cup.

That means that we will provide him with full assistance in terms of organization and technical ressources: 5 or 6 identical and synchronized powerfull Condor Servers with excellent Pings for europeen countries. The CondorSim.fr server already proved to be reliable throughout large multiplayer events:
- ASK-13 Cup II
- ASK-13 Cup III
- Glider Spring Cup

For the scoring and management of Condor servers we will rely on the best available tools:
- Condor Club by BOD1
- DS Helper by hitzi which is even more stable since the recent official release

Now about the competition itself:

Most important is that we want to keep up with the spirit set by the Lowlands Cup (Vertigo) and Speedbattle Cup (Andreas and Stefke).

If you like challenge, fun, competition spirit, if you like Condor community, go and register... NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:39 am 

...and Win7/nVidia/Condor patch pls!!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 am 

Best patch for Win7 is XP32 or 64 depending on ram with dual boot :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 am 

I must find my old XP installation in recycle Bin than :? :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 am 

Hopefully they might have new drivers by then Marek :|

I am looking forward to this comp, I just hope there will be severs available at a good time for us "Southern Hemisphere" Condor nuts. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:00 am 

22 wrote:
...and Win7/nVidia/Condor patch pls!!!! :cry:

This has nothing to do with this competition in itself and the subject of this thread.

Please don't go off topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 am 

Simicro wrote:
If you like challenge, fun, competition spirit, if you like Condor community, go and register... NOW!

..so still pls add yet "....and u havent Win7, u havent nVidia" :wink: THAN I will be off topic. But sure I can leave this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 am 

No problem Marek ...

We just try to concentrate on the competition itself in this thread (its organization, its rules, ...)

I am sure you will be able to join us for this big event (the nVidia drivers will be updated in time I guess).

You have the Condor level of skill that allow you to aim a final rank for you in the very best Top 5 surely !

Don't hesitate ... register now with us ... you will see later your Graphic Problem ...

CU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:45 am 

MaintenanceMan wrote:
I am looking forward to this comp, I just hope there will be severs available at a good time for us "Southern Hemisphere" Condor nuts. :wink:

I am afraid but for this first big International Competition CondorSIm.fr organize we will concentrate our effort on only one Condor Time Slot (long discussions lead to that decision ...) :

:arrow: So then ... It will be possible to join one of the 6 available Condor servers
:arrow: from 19h30UTC to 20h00UTC every Thursday and Sunday from mid-January to mid-April

If this event is a success at the end, if CondorSim.fr is able to manage this one with no major difficulties, then, next season it may be possible to introduce several Time Slots for the pilots located far from Europe ... but it is quite a lot of supplementary work !

Anyway you are welcome to register and still participate to some of the race days, when you are available at our unique time slot for the current competition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 am 

:(
I might be able to hit the sunday server, I think 19:30 UTC works out to be 6:30am daylight savings time here for us, at the moment we are +11 GMT/UTC..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 am 

Great idea, thank you very much for it! It is great that our condor community is still alive and able keep competitions like this. Alhough I have not many free time for flying, I like these cups and I will try fly some tasks. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 pm 

Cadfael wrote:
Great idea, thank you very much for it! It is great that our condor community is still alive and able keep competitions like this. Alhough I have not many free time for flying, I like these cups and I will try fly some tasks. Thank you!

You are of course very welcome to join "the gaggle" Milos !

Don't hesitate to register straight away ... :mrgreen:

I am sure PhilipeFP will manage to make us fly over some of your brilliant sceneries considered by everyone as masterpieces ... ! :D 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:55 pm 

RaiderOne wrote:
I am sure PhilipeFP will manage to make us fly over some of your brilliant sceneries considered by everyone as masterpieces ... ! :D 8)

Hi Milos, your sceneries are of course in the program! :D

If we want to live great moments during this competition, we need lots of pilots to join us and fly the most beautiful landscapes of CONDOR 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 pm 

Already more than 100 pilots registrated to this Comp' ! 8)

GREAT !!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next