Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

xavierpitz

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby xavierpitz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm

OXO wrote:
SteveK wrote:(I still think OXO is teasing us! :D :D )

I do like to do that, but not in this case. :D

Feel free to tease us here with an even "better" screenshot :)

Xavier

tiberius

Postby tiberius » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I thought it could be a useful tool for self improvement which could be possibly introduced somehow within V2...

I've learnt a lot from flying against ghosts from condor club etc but often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight. This would allow instant comparisons of performance to be made rather than waiting to complete the task, upload and analyse. As a further development of this, it could also be useful if you could reset the ghosts to your current task time at any point with a key press, or at every turn point for instance. Just a thought; standing by to be shot down :wink:

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

tiberius wrote:... often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight.

I can't see how that would work - what about the evolution of the weather? The time-shifted ghosts would circle under a cloud that no longer exists, and that you could not follow....

LukiASK23

Postby LukiASK23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm

A Mü 28 would be a funny airplane :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiberius

Postby tiberius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

SteveK; good point well presented. I can't believe I hadn't considered that, obvious now you mention it!!! lol :oops:

arneh

Postby arneh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 am

SteveK wrote:
tiberius wrote:... often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight.

I can't see how that would work - what about the evolution of the weather? The time-shifted ghosts would circle under a cloud that no longer exists, and that you could not follow....

How about just making the player start in the air at the same time the chosen ghost crosses the start line?

sisu1a

Postby sisu1a » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

What’s that ?
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm

arneh wrote:
SteveK wrote:

How about just making the player start in the air at the same time the chosen ghost crosses the start line?

That would work... I had the same idea earlier today whilst unable to post at work. Just start in the air maybe 25m behind the ghost... (and maybe 1m higher).
Anyway I'd be surprised if the features for the initial release have not been fixed for some time. Let's leave the Condor team to do the final bit of wing polishing.

tiberius wrote:SteveK; good point well presented. I can't believe I hadn't considered that, obvious now you mention it!!! lol :oops:

I've spent enough time IRL failing to find lift where others do, for that possibility to spring straight to mind :lol:

MIGames

Postby MIGames » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm

sisu1a wrote:Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?

Grand Prix would be very nice in Condor V2. :D

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 pm

What is Grand Prix Mode?

Anyone???
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

sisu1a

Postby sisu1a » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 pm

OXO wrote:What is Grand Prix Mode?

Anyone???

Grand Prix sailplane racing. http://www.sgp.aero/

It would be neat if there were tools for users to host grand prix races in addition to regular types of tasking. If I'm wrong about how Condor works in this regard and that it's completely up to hosts to organize this I apologize for the confusion.

Now that I'm thinking about it, are there any organizational tools for aerobatic competition?

BOD1

Postby BOD1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 am

Condor Club manages grand-prix for a while ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

arneh

Postby arneh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 am

sisu1a wrote:Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?

Grand Prix is supported already in Condor 1, just select a start time window of 0 minutes.

Support for AATs however would be more useful :)

sisu1a

Postby sisu1a » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:18 am

Cool thanks, I haven't been to the Condor Club site in a long time though am a member... clearly I host a lot of races lol :p

Return to “General”