Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

User avatar
xavierpitz
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: Sarreguemines, France

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby xavierpitz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm

OXO wrote:
SteveK wrote:(I still think OXO is teasing us! :D :D )


I do like to do that, but not in this case. :D


Feel free to tease us here with an even "better" screenshot :)

Xavier
Image

tiberius
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby tiberius » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I thought it could be a useful tool for self improvement which could be possibly introduced somehow within V2...

I've learnt a lot from flying against ghosts from condor club etc but often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight. This would allow instant comparisons of performance to be made rather than waiting to complete the task, upload and analyse. As a further development of this, it could also be useful if you could reset the ghosts to your current task time at any point with a key press, or at every turn point for instance. Just a thought; standing by to be shot down :wink:
Image

User avatar
SteveK
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, England

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby SteveK » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

tiberius wrote:... often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight.

I can't see how that would work - what about the evolution of the weather? The time-shifted ghosts would circle under a cloud that no longer exists, and that you could not follow....

LukiASK23
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby LukiASK23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm

A Mü 28 would be a funny airplane :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiberius
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby tiberius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

SteveK; good point well presented. I can't believe I hadn't considered that, obvious now you mention it!!! lol :oops:
Image

arneh
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby arneh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 am

SteveK wrote:
tiberius wrote:... often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight.

I can't see how that would work - what about the evolution of the weather? The time-shifted ghosts would circle under a cloud that no longer exists, and that you could not follow....


How about just making the player start in the air at the same time the chosen ghost crosses the start line?
Image

sisu1a
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Bay Area, California (USA)

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby sisu1a » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 4480
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:08 am

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby OXO » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

What’s that ?
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

User avatar
SteveK
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, England

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby SteveK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm

arneh wrote:
SteveK wrote:
tiberius wrote:... often wondered if it would be possible for the ghosts to start the task at the moment I start the task rather than the ghosts appearing/taking off/starting as they did during the time of their actual flight.

I can't see how that would work - what about the evolution of the weather? The time-shifted ghosts would circle under a cloud that no longer exists, and that you could not follow....


How about just making the player start in the air at the same time the chosen ghost crosses the start line?

That would work... I had the same idea earlier today whilst unable to post at work. Just start in the air maybe 25m behind the ghost... (and maybe 1m higher).
Anyway I'd be surprised if the features for the initial release have not been fixed for some time. Let's leave the Condor team to do the final bit of wing polishing.

tiberius wrote:SteveK; good point well presented. I can't believe I hadn't considered that, obvious now you mention it!!! lol :oops:

I've spent enough time IRL failing to find lift where others do, for that possibility to spring straight to mind :lol:

MIGames
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby MIGames » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm

sisu1a wrote:Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?


Grand Prix would be very nice in Condor V2. :D

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 4480
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:08 am

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby OXO » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 pm

What is Grand Prix Mode?

Anyone???
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

sisu1a
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Bay Area, California (USA)

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby sisu1a » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 pm

OXO wrote:What is Grand Prix Mode?

Anyone???


Grand Prix sailplane racing. http://www.sgp.aero/

It would be neat if there were tools for users to host grand prix races in addition to regular types of tasking. If I'm wrong about how Condor works in this regard and that it's completely up to hosts to organize this I apologize for the confusion.

Now that I'm thinking about it, are there any organizational tools for aerobatic competition?

User avatar
BOD1
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Brittany, France
Contact:

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby BOD1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 am

Condor Club manages grand-prix for a while ;)

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.
Image

arneh
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby arneh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 am

sisu1a wrote:Just crossed my mind... anyone know if there they plan on having a Grand Prix mode in Condor2?


Grand Prix is supported already in Condor 1, just select a start time window of 0 minutes.

Support for AATs however would be more useful :)
Image

sisu1a
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Bay Area, California (USA)

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby sisu1a » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:18 am

Cool thanks, I haven't been to the Condor Club site in a long time though am a member... clearly I host a lot of races lol :p


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests