Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby OXO » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm

pstrzel wrote:
OXO wrote:These young ones think they can post anything on the internet, and we wont be upset.

Ouch, that felt like a there's a lump of coal in our future. Well, at least my new graphics card and 12MB more RAM is on the way. :D

Not you, my friend. It was the other one
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

kosmo83

Postby kosmo83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Sorry,

I know the work you have to do for such a project... but I have a problem!

I don't have Condor V1, I'm waiting for V2 (if the release is near).

I need a date, when will V2 is available, or should I buy V1, becouse V2 is coming next summer?

I want to learn some things for the next flying-season, so... WHEN?

I'm not angry, if it comes a week later, but the "no information"-politics is awful.

Bye
Chris

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Buy it, they didnt tell us anything ... V2 is coming ..... never ...
when you think this... you l never disappointed. :)

kosmo83

Postby kosmo83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:51 pm

sebbil wrote:Buy it, they didnt tell us anything ... V2 is coming ..... never ...
when you think this... you l never disappointed. :)

I will be disappointed, if 3 days later the V2 will release and I have to pay the normal price, if I want to update

That's the problem...

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 pm

I understand, but ...what should i say ...they tell us since looooong time ..its coming.........

but dont tell us if its 2 week, 2 month,. 2 years, or 20 years.

So it is like it is.
Do what you want, here is no one who will help you from developers.

kosmo83

Postby kosmo83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm

sebbil wrote:...

I see

MarkRebuck

Postby MarkRebuck » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 pm

kosmo83 wrote:...
I don't have Condor V1, I'm waiting for V2 (if the release is near).

I had the same issue... at the end of 2012. I'm a software engineer by trade so I have a good nose for smelling when a project is having problems getting out the door. It didn't take more than a few minutes of reading on this forum to realize that V2 was dead-in-the-water.

I still bought V1, and have flown several thousand hours on it. The amortized cost has gone down to zero for me. I'm glad I didn't wait for V2.

You have to ask: Is V1 worth the price, even if you only use it for <insert time until V2 ___HERE___>?

Also... two screenshots per year doesn't exactly ring my "this thing is ready to go!" button. Even Duke Nukem Forever had a video out four years before it finally shipped.

sadatoni

Postby sadatoni » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:16 pm

I asked myself the same question several months ago (March 2017)... being dissatisfied with the the others, which I won't name, I picked up V1. Been happy with that decision ever since.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

DanD

Postby DanD » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 pm

@sebbil : If your only goal is to come and spread negativity, why bother to come here? Fly V1 until V2 comes out. If I were a developer (I'm not), and was working my butt off, reading your posts would encourage me to spend time with my family, or sit and have a quiet brew. Since your mother apparently did not tell you this - "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing."

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 am

Chris ask ...i answer ...not more ? did you have problems with the truth ? :)

kosmo83

Postby kosmo83 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 am

DanD wrote:@sebbil : If your only goal is to come and spread negativity, why bother to come here? Fly V1 until V2 comes out. If I were a developer (I'm not), and was working my butt off, reading your posts would encourage me to spend time with my family, or sit and have a quiet brew. Since your mother apparently did not tell you this - "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing."

Sorry, I work as a project-manager, and if you want to earn money, the situation is different to 100% open source an and for free.
In the last case, you are right, but in the first one, it is my money and I don't want to waste it in buying 2 versions in short time.

If I know, V2 is coming in 6 month, buying V1 is acceptable for me, If V2 is coming for x-mas, buying V1 is not acceptable.

And the part "if you don't have to say something nice..." I'm from germany, we say things straight, maybe we are not the politest nation, but efficient, becouse we don't waste time in saying 3 things, somebody does good and than... we put the bad things in wadding, becouse we don't want to hurt somebodys feeling.
Straight: "That is a piece of sh... do better"

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:54 am

Just wait a few days.. things will be much clearer.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

Jarmo K

Postby Jarmo K » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Some other old farts like me might remember this and the day when the postman brougth the cd...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xavierpitz

Postby xavierpitz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 pm

--- Please delete this post ---
Last edited by xavierpitz on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xavierpitz

Postby xavierpitz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 pm

OXO wrote:Just wait a few days.. things will be much clearer.

After this post by OXO I'll definitely would wait for Christmas before making a Condor V1 purchase decision...

:wink: :D

I didn't precise the Christmas of which year :lol:
I think it is the best time of the year to release it if they could and there is here a tradition to surprise us on Christmas (Christmas wishes, "Eastern"/Christmas eggs, teasing Screenshots...)

That plus the fact that the Condor team was looking a few weeks ago for some help concerning the recording of flight lessons (this is a sign of the maturity of the sim itself) really raises the hope that we may see something very enjoyable in the next few days...

Xavier

Return to “General”