The story of Condor-Soaring?

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

Adam

The story of Condor-Soaring?

Postby Adam » Sun May 08, 2005 9:52 pm

Condor Team

At some point I would love to hear the story behind Condor, from the idea to todays great achievement. Is there anything already?

Keep up the great work.

Adam

GR
Condor Team

Postby GR » Sun May 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Well there is nothing really spectacular behind it :oops:
First we were working separated with same goal in mind. To create a flight sim where physics would be the main focus... Uros was working on soaring sim and I was working on mil jet sim and we did not know for each other's project. Fate brought us together one day when Uros invited me to join him I accepted due the promise I saw in the soaring sim and also since mine project was in earlier development phase that Uros' it was not hard to decide what is best for both of us. Thus the Condor was born...
As already said, the motivation behind Condor was to create a flight sim in its real name - as close as it can gets to real life flight and weather simulation. To have finally a sim which would enable you to enjoy in virtual flying when weather would not permit you to fly.
I must say that the Condor community, which is forming unbelievingly fast, is indication we had chosen the right path, and I can promise, we will continue to work on it and make it even better... 8)
Gregor Rozman, Condor Team
http://www.condorsoaring.com

Adam

Postby Adam » Mon May 09, 2005 12:20 am

So are you guys full time on this now or do you have real jobs for paying your bills? For how many months have you been working on this? How many hours of work?

Don't worry about replying straight away, I just think you are on your way to being another small business success. I love to hear such stories and if I can right a story about you guys I'm sure I could get you published in some of the UK business press. I am happy to right an article in the UK's Sailplane and Gliding magazine too if no one beats me to it.

It will not be long before you guys can get a lot more sales for very little advertising and use of guys like me, selling your product at our open day at the end of June and the Junior Worlds at the begining of August.

More than willing to help!!!!

Cheers for now,
Adam

GR
Condor Team

Postby GR » Mon May 09, 2005 1:30 am

Thank you for your kind words Adam...

We both have 'day jobs', which means we are developing Condor in our free time... well, what's left of it ;)
As for time.. Condor Team is together now for 2 years.. that about answers the questions ;)

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon May 09, 2005 9:24 am

I know Uros personally, and I know this sime has been in development for years (I've seen screenshots like 4-5 years ago if I'm not mistaken) :wink:

Chesty

Postby Chesty » Mon May 09, 2005 9:43 am

You guys must be a bit like the dev's over at LFS http://www.liveforspeed.net/ A great hardcore car racing sim. Do you know these guys ?
CHESTY
AUSTRALIA
AU-CL13

Uros
Condor Team

Postby Uros » Mon May 09, 2005 9:59 am

Cruiser, well it's 4.5 years to be exact, but first screenshots were made some 3.76 years ago :)

Chesty, we don't know LiverForSpeed team personaly, but we are following their progress from their early days.

Personally, the greatest inspiration for me was GPL - grand prix legends. The physics and online races there were ... oh my god :)
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

GR
Condor Team

Postby GR » Mon May 09, 2005 10:05 am

:lol:

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon May 09, 2005 1:40 pm

Good old days when we were still racing on the ground eh ? :D

ASH33M

Postby ASH33M » Mon May 09, 2005 2:25 pm

Gregor, Uros,

All of the time and effort that you both have put in developing Condor, WELL DONE and keep up the great work that's going on at the moment.

I think another mile stone will be when the Scenery Toolkit is released then this will open ended.

I would not be surprised by the end of the year if there is over a 1000 members.

Enjoy!!

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon May 09, 2005 3:18 pm

In less then one month we have 248members on the forum only.
This will be a great community 8)

Aeroman

Postby Aeroman » Mon May 09, 2005 3:56 pm

Very nice number for start.

I was thinking. Maybe when we will have enough pilots to form different groups (virtual national racing group, acro group...) we could have a international meetings with a lot of food, drinks and fun. Everytime in a different country (now with a cheap flights like RyanAir and similar this won't be hard). That way we could tight up our conections, real time flying, friendships and much more.

All we need is just a good organisation sistem. That's all.

P.S
O.K. and maybe a lot of free time and money :lol:
Well just a thought.
[url=http://condor.ephemeride.com/graduate/0/?id=134]
Image[/url]

reg-#: S5-3086
comp-#: XT

TimKuijpers

Postby TimKuijpers » Mon May 09, 2005 5:45 pm

..and a laptop
Think positive, flaps negative.

Henk Ensing

Postby Henk Ensing » Mon May 09, 2005 7:46 pm

Uros wrote:Personally, the greatest inspiration for me was GPL - grand prix legends. The physics and online races there were ... oh my god :)
LOL, I just exited GPL while training for Spa - one of the last few tracks that keep my GPL rank positive...

It's incredible to think that a piece of software originally released in 1998 still is the benchmark when it comes to (online) simracing...

Funny, I get the feeling that there are quite a few GPL'ers roaming this forum.

While we're at it. Anyone going to Goodwood Festival of Speed? :lol:
Henk Ensing
Reg-#: PH-2105
Comp-#: HE

Serginho

Postby Serginho » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 am

These 2 guys ROCK!
"In life, the more you live, more experience you get. In aviation, the more experience you get, more you live!"

Return to “General”