Calling North Americans: SGS 1-26

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

MosGuy

Calling North Americans: SGS 1-26

Postby MosGuy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi gang,

I've read all the threads about modeling SGS's and the typical European response, so this'll be mainly for North American interest :wink:. I've decided to try my hand at modeling a 1-26. I've done 3D modeling work with engineering/architecture circles but not for several years. Blender has a rather none standard interface, so it'll be a learning curve with blender but it'll make a fun summer project for me :). My brother has a 1-26 Flight/Maintance manual, which'll be useful for the dev team and the flight model end. But it doesn't give me anything in the way of overall dimensions or details. I'll need some help in trying to source out: a) original design blue prints (most ideal) OR b) CAD type drawings with dimensions. Option C would be someone with access to a 1-26 manually measuring and doing a CAD drawing but that would be a lot of work!. I'm thinking of contacting Schweizer directly and see how open they are to the idea of sending me specs. I'll talk to my brother first tho as he's dealt with them in the past.

As long as I can get enough details the project should be do-able. If people can ask around their clubs etc and see what they can dig up that would be a big help.

Cheers,
Rick Blythin

Trace - 95T

Postby Trace - 95T » Fri May 19, 2006 7:18 am

AWSOME! thanks a lot! I can get you all the pics you want of at least 2-4 1-26s (all D or E models, which model are you doing?) cant help you on the CAD, but anything else pretty much :D

Thanks again!
Trace Lewis - 95T

MosGuy

Postby MosGuy » Fri May 19, 2006 8:17 am

Thanks for the offer Trace,

I figure getting photos won't be much of a problem it's trying to source some type of reference drawings. Without knowing at least basic measurements of various parts, modeling strictly from photos can be quite difficult. As for the model type itself, whichever I can get the needed info for first pretty much :P. Even a hand drawn sketch with rough measurements of the main parts would get me started. So far all my web searches have come up empty handed. I may end up contacting SGS to see if they can help.
Rick Blythin

MosGuy

Postby MosGuy » Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Hey Guys,

Just an update, I found a basic diagram and enough info that will allow me to get going. If anyone can provide me with some decent pictures that would be great :D. Basically I'd need the typical views: front, side, back, maybe a closer shot of the skid, canopy open/closed etc. You can contact me via e-mail: rick (dot) blythin (at) gmail (dot) com (excuse the text I get enough spam as it is :P)
Rick Blythin

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm

MosGuy wrote:Hey Guys,

Just an update, I found a basic diagram and enough info that will allow me to get going. If anyone can provide me with some decent pictures that would be great :D. Basically I'd need the typical views: front, side, back, maybe a closer shot of the skid, canopy open/closed etc. You can contact me via e-mail: rick (dot) blythin (at) gmail (dot) com (excuse the text I get enough spam as it is :P)

I have a fully dimensioned drawing around here somewhere....
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Hmmm....

Now where is it...

Aha !
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Tue May 30, 2006 10:42 pm

Here it is !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

experimental_pilot

Postby experimental_pilot » Tue May 30, 2006 11:28 pm

That's very funny OXO!! Hahahahahaha, NOT!

I can definately get the pictures you need Rick. This weekend hopefully, if not the next.
I have a few, including some nice panel shots. I'll see if they're worth sending.
Last edited by experimental_pilot on Tue May 30, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimKuijpers

Postby TimKuijpers » Tue May 30, 2006 11:36 pm

experimental_pilot wrote:That's very funny OXO!! Hahahahahaha, NOT!

Chris, is this telling something about your Irony?

Welcome to the club Chris! :D
Think positive, flaps negative.

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Wed May 31, 2006 12:06 am

TimKuijpers wrote:
experimental_pilot wrote:That's very funny OXO!! Hahahahahaha, NOT!

Chris, is this telling something about your Irony?

Welcome to the club Chris! :D

Obviously the colonies have lost the sense of humour we endowed them with...
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

MosGuy

Postby MosGuy » Wed May 31, 2006 1:04 am

experimental_pilot wrote: I can definately get the pictures you need Rick. This weekend hopefully, if not the next. I have a few, including some nice panel shots. I'll see if they're worth sending.

Thanks Jesse, I've decided to use 3Ds Max 8 for modelling instead of Blender since I'm used to AutoCAD the interface is familar so I should be able to brush up on my skills faster.

OXO: Nice one mate, I know many gliders that fly with those characteristics LOL. Here's one for you: "What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" :wink:
Rick Blythin

Trace - 95T

Postby Trace - 95T » Wed May 31, 2006 1:35 am

lol, i actually got quite a chuckle from that one too OXO, but it is a great ship, if you can look beyond the brick-like polar :] lol
Trace Lewis - 95T

Aussiewalrus

Postby Aussiewalrus » Wed May 31, 2006 3:24 am

Nice one Chris! I can return the favour and say that your sense of humour is equally evil! Well done! :)

Maybe we should start a club!
Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

MosGuy

Postby MosGuy » Wed May 31, 2006 4:22 am

Aussiewalrus wrote:Nice one Chris! I can return the favour and say that your sense of humour is equally evil! Well done! :)

Maybe we should start a club!

Hmm nothing special there... typical british humour, you should see the b-day cards I zing my brothers with most years :P. Well not quite a lot of people don't understand good british humour. My brothers and I will be laughing at something as it'll go right over my sis-in-laws heads :lol:
Rick Blythin

Return to “Planes”